Affordable telehealth at Floriamed is $35/visit. Each visit includes our “Cost Protection” policy which prevents you from paying if we can’t help you. In addition, we do not use AI diagnosis check forms. We are 100% human and don’t use AI in the practice of medicine. Also, we don’t use membership plans because they are too often bad for patients. We do our online care this way because it creates the highest quality care. Highest quality care is our goal. To achieve this, the cost of a visit must be kept as low as possible. Affordable telehealth is required to achieve quality online care. For more on this read on.
- No Added Fees
- No Hurried Visits
- Never Any Time Limits
What You Get In a Floriamed Telehealth Visit
- Care from a licensed and board certified nurse practitioner
- A detailed explanation of your medical situation
- A complete explanation of your healthcare provider’s recommendations
- An explanation of the medical guidelines used in your case
- All of your questions answered
- Treatment including prescriptions when needed
- Notes needed for work and school absences
- A discussion of what to expect as you recover.
- Recommendations on what to do if problems arise during your recovery
- Education that helps you manage your case now and in the event of future occurrences
- Pointers on how to save on your medical expenses
- And with your permission, all of the following:
- A complete written recount of your visit including all the points mentioned above
- Written details of all the medications discussed
- Written educational materials
- No more need to take notes during your visit
Our promise to you is that we are not about the money. We are about helping nurses practice the art and science of care, without interference from profit interests. Nurses care. Care is their invention, the core of their craft. And we feel that where care goes, quality healthcare follows. We feel that, bit by bit, the care of nurses will make medicine more like it should be.
And it’s not just us. The National Academy of Medicine (NAM), America’s leading expert in healthcare quality, agrees. They pointed out that our medicine is not what it should be and offered a fix. And to us, that fix sounded like nursing. That is, the NAM challenged us to achieve the following goals:
- Provide you the most affordable telehealth.
- Provide you fast and easy access to online care.
- Make high quality care equally available to all.
- Put your values, needs, and preferences first.
- Make sure your healthcare is safe and effective.
- Cut the waste when providing your healthcare.
Floriamed Cost Protection Policy
Our Cost Protection Policy is the direct result of our commitment to care. We created it to provide you with more affordable telehealth that’s safer. It works by protecting you from the cost of a visit when your case is not suitable for telehealth or when we can’t help you for any other reason. And it’s one of the important parts of our informed consent policy.
The practitioners of care at Floriamed do not want to accept your payment unless they provide you with a fair service. So if your Floriamed provider finds your case not suitable for telehealth or they won’t be able to help you for any other reason, they will discuss your best alternatives and make sure you are not charged for the visit. They can offer you this complementary triage service because they are trained to put you and your family’s health and well being first.
Best Way To Avoid Cost
One of the the best ways to avoid cost, and even save time, is to be able to recognize when telehealth is not a good fix for your problem. Sometimes, it’s easy to recognize cases not suitable for telehealth. For instance, our Telehealth Prescribing and Treatment page lists conditions and medicines better suited to in-office visits than telehealth. Check it out before having a visit. You can save time and avoid cost. Also, our Healthcare Options page compares telehealth’s best uses to those of other options like urgent care. It might help you get to the right place in the first place for less bother and cost. Finally, our healthcare providers often talk about how to recognize cases that are not suitable for telehealth. We can all learn something from healthcare providers.
Avoid Cost With Cost Protection
Unfortunately, the best healthcare option is not always clear. So if it turns out that your case is not suitable for telehealth, your Floriamed healthcare provider will work with you to avoid payment.
Here’s how it works. When you provide your payment details your card is authorized, but not charged. Your card is not charged until after your visit. So if your provider finds your case unsuitable for telehealth, and does so in a timely fashion, they may not accept payment for your visit. Only your healthcare provider can can make this decision. Floriamed cannot make this decision.
It’s important to remember that to avoid cost you will have to help your provider get the information they need quickly. That’s because the amount of time your provider spends with you must be a factor in their decision to accept payment for your visit.
Details on How to Avoid the Cost of a Visit
If you think your case may not be appropriate for telehealth or if you have any other requirements, expectations, or concerns regarding the outcome of your visit, please mention them immediately. Supply this information, first thing, when your provider asks for your chief complaint, and expect the following:
- Your provider will ask you questions to help you avoid the cost of a visit. Help them get the answers to their questions quickly. If you assist them, they can usually complete this process in less than 2-3 minutes.
- Your best chance to avoid charge is when your provider spends minimal time and quickly finds out if your case is suitable for telehealth and whether they will be able to help you.
- Before proceeding with your visit, your provider will discuss your situation with you, and give you the option to either discontinue your visit without charge or continue your visit with charge. What you decide will not affect your right to future healthcare at Floriamed.
- In some complex cases, providers may not know for sure if they can help you within just a few minutes. Further investigation may be required. In such cases, you will still be offered the option to discontinue the visit free of charge.
- Whether you are charged or not, your provider will always take the additional time needed to properly explain your best options for getting further care before you finish your visit.
What If I’m Not Satisfied With My Visit?
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your service at Floriamed or feel you should have a refund, please contact us. We’d like to help.